top of page

Question of the day...

If a person was sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse, and now is divorced and remarried. Can he/she sponsor their spouse to come to Canada.

Answer: There is a five-year bar for people who were sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse or partner. So, if a spouse or partner sponsored you, you cannot sponsor a new spouse or partner within five years or becoming a Permanent Resident. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message or email at

9 views0 comments
bottom of page